湖北快3人工计划Feed the World with Potatoes
1. As food prices continue to rise rapidly,there is growing concern about theeffect it will have among the world’s poor.
湖北快3人工计划2. Increasingly, experts are looking to thepotato as a possible low-costsolution to feeding the hungry. To emphasize the issue, the United Nations hascalled the potato “a hidden treasure” and named 2008 the International Year ofthe Potato. Here’s how potatoes could end the food crisis.
3. The potato matures more quickly, on less land and in harsher climate thanmost other major crops. Up to 85 percent of the plant is eatable, compared witharound 50 percent of cereals. Its broad adaptability to a wide variety offarming systems is also note worthy.
4. Potatoes are an excellent source of complex carbohydrates, which isrelease their energy slowly, and have only 5 percent of wheat’ s fat content.They contain only a quarter of the calories of bread and,according to the PotatoCenter, when boiled, potatoes have more protein and nearly twice the calcium ascorn. Additionally, they are good source of vitamin C, iron, potassium(钾)andzinc(锌).
5. The food and Agriculture Organization recently surveyed food priceinflation in over 70 of the poor countries. Cereal price inflation was muchhigher and far more widespread than for potatoes. A significant factor behindthe potato’ s affordability is the fact that unlike other agriculture products,the potato is not yet a global commodity, and has therefore not attractedspeculative investors. Raw potatoes are heavy and carrot during transmit, soglobal trade has been show to take off. Also, potatoes are susceptible(易受影响的) toinfection with disease, hindering(阻碍) export. According to analysts’ estimates,less than 5 percent of potatoes are traded internationally, with prices drivenprimarily by local tastes instead of international demand.
23. Paragraph 2__B___
24. Paragraph 3__D___
湖北快3人工计划25. Paragraph 4__C___
湖北快3人工计划26. Paragraph 5__A___
A. Potatoes’ Lower Inflation
B. Major Food Crops
C. Healthy Food
D. Higher Output
湖北快3人工计划E. Growing Importance of Potatoes
湖北快3人工计划F. High Price
湖北快3人工计划27. The potato is cheap because E
28. The whole world is concerned about food prices because B
29. Many peopleeat potatoes because C
30. The potato isnot yet a global commodity because F
A. it has remained a controversial issue
湖北快3人工计划B. they are rising rapidly
湖北快3人工计划C. they are very nourishing
D. nobody eats it
湖北快3人工计划E. its yield is high
F. raw potatoes can decay easily during transit
关注微信，2016年职称英语考试真题免费获取，>" href="http://www.wangxiao.cn/zc/55825582990.html" target="_blank" style="color: rgb(0, 0, 255);">点击查看>>
2016年职称英语考试真题权威名师点评，>" href="http://www.wangxiao.cn/zc/class/sx/" target="_blank" style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);">速速关注>>
提示：>" href="http://www.wangxiao.cn/zc/40668780426.html" target="_blank" style="color: rgb(0, 0, 255);">2016年职称英语考试真题及答案首发
推荐：2017年职称英语网络课程即将上线，名师教你如何高效通关2017职称英语考试!>" href="http://www.wangxiao.cn/zc/96449644431.html" target="_blank" style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);">点击查看>>
If you always say no, you'll never be married. 常说"不"的人,永远难成婚.
A ganging fit is aye getting./ A going foot is always getting. 腿勤生财